THE CHOCOLATE DOG BLOG: Bosco a jerk? Well maybe



Bosco a jerk? Well maybe

Sometimes even Bosco is not the chocolate angel everyone thinks he is. Granted it is about 2% of the time but it does happen. Katie and I refer to Bosco being a jerk when he is out playing and always has to steal other dogs balls or toys. It is quite annoying when someone is just trying to play fetch with their dog and Bosco keeps wrecking it. Forget just dogs, he has even been known to break up a game of softball that did not even involve other dogs.

What he loves to do is steal another dogs tennis ball and then taunt the dog with it as he runs in circles playing keep away. As mean as it is it is kind of funny to see when the other dog is game to play tag to get it back. It is not the other dog that generally has a problem with this game it is the other owner and I can understand that.

Sometimes you just want to spend time with your dog and other dogs or people can ruin that. Bosco was being a jerk in the park today. All this older dog wanted to do was chase his orange hockey ball at his own pace and Bosco kept beating him to it and taking off with the ball. The owner was being nice but I could tell it was bothering her. So I had to finally leash up the big chocolate fool and go for a time out walk around the block.

I gave him a talking to and when we came back he was all better and focused on chasing his own tennis ball. Amazing that a time out and a little chat works with a dog but it does. I am sure it looks funny to see me bending down face to face and talking to my dog like that but it works.

Will Bosco still be a jerk sometimes?? For sure! Is it the end of the world that he steals other dogs toys?? Hardly not. I can think of much worse bad habits for a dog to have so I will count my blessings and enjoy all the other great qualities of Bosco.

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment