THE CHOCOLATE DOG BLOG: The ears of a Bosco



The ears of a Bosco

How many of you can relate to this? In the mornings there is silence, you know that dead to the world quiet that is so nice to wake up to. The bedroom door is ajar and the world is not ready to wake up. Then you move your toe, or take a breath and the next thing you know all that calm is gone in one door bursting moment. Yes that is right, Bosco has sensed we are awake and that can only mean he is seconds to getting his breakfast. Is he waiting outside the door for any sign of life? Does he wake up from the rustle and charge the room? I am always amazed at how good the hearing is when it is time to eat and how bad it is when it is time to come in from outside. I suppose dogs are like kids (even adults) and have selective hearing. Even after a few years, waking up like this every day still brings a smile to my face.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

7/12/2006 03:12:00 AM

We do that too! We don't move until we hear Mom getting up - then we wait right at the bedroom door. She has to step over us to get anywhere and then we attack - gotta get those morning hugs! Breakfast is soon after. It's the petting that's important to us!    



7/12/2006 10:55:00 AM

Oh yeah, I'm routinely awakened FAR before I'm ready by either Ender, (my chocolab) or my two cats... They seem to rotate who's on this duty. This morning, after a night out seeing some live music and having some pops, I was gently awakened by Mr Ender softly licking my feet. Apparently he can tell when the fog of yesterday is still clinging to my brain. Good Boy!

On another note, we were playing at a vball tournament on Toronto Island a few weeks back, and I met another chocolate named BOSCO! I had to ask - is this Bosco from out east! (could I be so lucky?) Sadly, it was not, but thought you should know that Bosco has a double!

Cheers!
Ender's Girl    



» Post a Comment