THE CHOCOLATE DOG BLOG: A weighty memory for today



A weighty memory for today

Well I mentioned yesterday all the rain we were getting and around 1pm yesterday it turned to snow and then more snow and in the end we got a few inches and the city not being ready was shut down to a crawl last night. We had a power outage for a few hours and there is still a lot of snow on the ground today.

So this meant Bosco's first snow dance for the season and as soon as his paws hit it he was running around crazy for 10 minutes. He just loves snow, running in it, rolling in it, everything about it. I did not have the camera going but I have enough pics of him in the snow I was not too worried.

That brings us to the next 2006 memory and this one was a real weight off of Bosco's shoulders, and hips and feet.

#26 Early in the year we had him checked out at the vet and learned he was over weight. So I started working him hard with runs, cutting back on food and we made it our effort to get him to his target weight of 80lbs. Starting at a whopping 99lbs this amazing race was accomplished in 6 short months. It was a proud moment to see him step on the scale and see it dip just below 80lbs for the first time. Way to go Bosco!

Just to update you, we went to the vet yesterday for a weigh in and he was at 80.6 lbs, so 5 months later Boss man is keeping that weight off, that is sweet news to everytone.

Labels:

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

12/05/2006 04:19:00 PM

Hi, Bosco! I was just sniffing through blog-land and thought I'd say hello! As for this weight issue, I feel your pain, my friend. I am a wire fox terrier who is, ahem, a tad above average myself. Keep up the good work! I feel inspired to chase a few extra squirrels!
Take care!
Derby    



12/06/2006 12:03:00 AM

Hey Bosco!

I know this is my first comment here.. and it MIGHT be a little rude to say it but it must be said: I'm a little jealous. Mum keeps talking about handsome you are and how pretty your coat colour is! What's up with that? I hope your boo-mans don't make such hurtful comments in front of you.. although you are quite the handsome brute.

Oh, and don't listen to what they all have to say about your weight.. boo-mans have such messed up ideas about what a HEALTHY CANINE should look like. We should all be so lucky to be so rubenesque <3

Cheerio!
Dudley

PS - we've added you to our list of links to read up on! Hope that's ok =)    



12/06/2006 03:50:00 PM

Dear Bosco,

A fella as handsome as you needs to stay fit and trim so you can play with your humans for years and years!

We feed our labbies vegetables, along with a smaller portion of their chow. They especially like canned peas (salt-free) and canned pumpkin.

They are now at their target weight and love going to the vet, because he is so happy with their weight.

Congratulations on your magnificent weight loss!    



» Post a Comment