THE CHOCOLATE DOG BLOG: Here it is , the big break out attempt



Here it is , the big break out attempt

Please go here to read the first episode of Pet Prison Break.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

5/15/2006 02:54:00 AM

So - when I was living in Japan, I adopted a cat I named Short Shit (trust me - the name fit). He suffered from an excess of personality - everything was exaggerated; Short Shit never did anything in a small way. Well - during my last few months there, I moved onto the nearby Navy Base (I ran a theatre and a coffee house under military jurisdiction). This was to save some money before heading back stateside. The houses were condo-style - 4 in a row. So everything connected - not something one would usually consider a problem; but then - no one else had a cat like Short Shit.

One weekend, maintenance was being done on the back of the building (cleaning and painting). Scaffolding had been set up to facilitate the workers. That scaffolding ran the entire length of the building. I should point out that none of the upper windows had any screening. These building were put up immediately following WWII, when screening wasn't usual - especially in Japan. Well - as it was a very hot day, I left the upper window open. It was on the third floor. I knew none of the cats would be stupid enough to jump three stories. Well - not exactly.

There's a knock at my door. My next door neighbor is there, asking if I owned a tabby colored cat. Why yes, I said - why do you ask? Because there’s one under my bed terrorizing my Siamese, he answered. And he can’t get him out, because the cats being all ferocious. Oh dear. Off runs hubby to check and see. Sure enough - it’s Short Shit under the bed - hissing away to beat the band. He’s puffed up to three times his size and roaring in between the hisses. Hubby told him to shut the fuck up, dragged his ass out, and apologized profusely to the neighbors. It was embarrassing. Evidently our intrepid little hunter had jumped out the window onto the scaffolding and walked along it to the neighbors also open window. He then decided to go in and explore. Short Shit was like that. You really had to pay attention. I remember chasing him through a neighborhood at 3 in the morning right after a move. Try explaining that to a neighbor; "Oh – I’m just chasing my cat through your back yards at zero dark thirty in the morning. But it’s all right. We’re really nice people." Right.    



» Post a Comment