THE CHOCOLATE DOG BLOG: Bosco Book Review: Marley and Me



Bosco Book Review: Marley and Me

Marley and Me- Life and Times of World's worst dog. Last night as I was laying in bed finishing the book with Bosco snuggled at my side I finally finished Marley and Me. It was a pretty fitting moment, reading about man's best friend as he lays there snoring away next to me. Katie is away this week so ignoring very weak rules I have been letting him sleep on the bed with me. Marley and me was a very quick read but at the same time a very good read. It would be entertaining for anyone really but a dog owner (lab especially) will love the book. It maps out the life of Marley, the big old yellow lab that this family loved and grew with over 13 years. It reminded me of day one, going to see Bosco as a puppy at the breeders and makes me look ahead to all the glorious years remaining. I have to admit I am happy Bosco is a much more behaved dog but he is just as crazy and human like. I smiled and laughed a lot during this read and many times I was comparing things to what Bosco has done and think to myself I could of written this book. Labs are very entertaining dogs and any one of them could be a subject to book. I won't lie and say parts of the book are easy to read but that is what its like to be a pet owner, you know the day comes where old age sets in. I still think it is a worthy read for anyone who has had a dog or lost of dog or even wants to get a dog. It is impossible to think a person could get through this book without laughing out loud or crying. I guess that is what a pet can do to us, leave us at our most vunerable but that is also what makes them so great. I highly recommend this book and will be pushing all my friends and family to give it a try. If you live close by you are more than welcome to borrow it. Off to start Bosco and Me: World's most chocolatey dog.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

3/22/2006 03:38:00 PM

Bosco,
My niece Gina sent me this book .If you are a “dog person” (you know who you are), you really should read this book. If you are a “Lab person”, you really must read this book! If you’re contemplating getting a Lab puppy, you may change your mind if you read this book. And if you’re a cat person, you can skip the book and go back to cleaning out the catbox.    



» Post a Comment